Thursday, May 3, 2007

Two-Dozen, Carrot Cake and Turkish Food

Well yesterday was my 24th birthday (or two-dozen, as I've been telling people), and it was a really great day! I got breakfast muffins (with candles!) in bed and then went out for bagels with Matt in the morning, went to work and then went home at noon to call my mom :) I had also gotten my packages from my mom and from my best friend that morning, so that was really exciting! In the afternoon, since it was a Thursday, we had afternoon tea and the ladies got me a carrot cake (with candles!). I went shopping after work for a new top and skirt, then got ready for Matt to pick me up at 7:00 for my surprise evening! Ooooh...

I threw on my heels and met Matt at the door and we headed towards Cuba St., and then I figured out where we were going! Cafe Istanbul! I had been wanting to go out to eat there since Matt has been to Turkey three times and said how good the food was. He had reserved a table by the fire in the middle of the dimly lit room, so that was really nice. We got some Turkish beer (Efes), halloumi cheese and bread, then lamb shish kebabs with salad and rice, and bread with four different dips. Mmmm. Finished it all off with some Turkish coffee in the lounge with brightly colored pillows. It was so good! Below is a photo of me and Matt, awww... :)


Matt and me at the restaurant (you can see his eyes in this photo, haha):

1 comment:

Sara B said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KISS A KIWI PENGUIN FOR ME!!!!!!!!!