Sunday, May 13, 2007

Otari and the Zoo!

Quick one: this past weekend Matt and I spent Saturday at the Otari/Wilton's Bush reserve in Wellington. We walked around through all-native gardens and native bush for about 2 hours. Saw quite a few wood pigeons and an 800 year old rimu tree! It really felt like we weren't near the city, it was nice.

On Sunday Matt and I took the bus to Newtown to go to the Wellington Zoo! It wasn't a very big zoo, but it still took us a long time to walk all the way around. They had the usual giraffes, lions, chimpanzees, a tiger, zebras... but also had kangaroos, red pandas, and malayan sun bears! Quite a few different birds as well. And I got to see my first kiwi in the Twilight exhibit! It was a pretty fun time :) And for those Peter Jackson fans out there, they filmed part of "Dead Alive" at the Wellington Zoo! Ok, it's back to work for my last week at Motu, and hopefully a trip to Kapiti Island!

No comments: